Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What did I do with my day?

What did I do today? Well, I haven't slept well in about 2 nights. I'm anticipating all the things I'll be getting to do as the weather warms up. Typically, in the deep south, winter ends early. I like that. yep. I get to disliking winter more and more the older I get. It rained all day. We welcome it especially now that we've suffered drought conditions for the past 118 years. I couldn't sleep later than 9:00 a.m., even tho I got to bed at dawn. The magnolia tree in the front yard of the big house is in full bloom with big purple and white flowers. We are lucky to see that because some years ice storms came and froze the buds on all the trees before they had their chance. That made me sad to see the magnolia's everywhere in years like that where there was ice storm after another freezing everything. No chance for the blooms to come forth. Today, I took things sort of easy and just read email and corresponded with friends. One of my friends that live close by has been real ill. I miss her a lot especially when we would talk on the phone every day and every evening. She's a real house cleaner and when she's not been sick, and goes from 4:00 a.m. until 7 in the evening. I'm not that crazy about housework. It can usually wait until it's really needed. Last night, all the laundry was done. It steamed up the windows with the dryer going at one point. I went outside in my bare feet today in the rain to check the mail... ---nothing great in there today in the mailbox. I tried to lay down a few times to see if I would fall asleep but no luck just chance to rest my eyes and enjoy the quiet. I took a hot bath. That was nice. I fed the betta fish, 'Bubz'. He's pretty cool in his little fishbowl with led light shining down on him through the peace lilly that he likes to hide in. He came out close to see me . Funny how much I wanted this little guy and how he makes me feel. I love how graceful he swims around. Neat. We had thunder that shook the house today for a while. This is tornado weather, too. The television seemed to be on all day bu the lights basically remained off. Save somewhere on this humongous electric bill that was $158.90 last month. Ridiculous how high the utilities costs have gotten. I sent my tax information to Sandy, so she could prepare my return, finally. Today was uneventful as most and on the quiet side. Thats how I rather like it tho most days, low key.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right - Jim Cobb - Google Me

 
At March 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM , Blogger John Raines said...

stormy rainy days can be peaceful - if that makes sense - John Raines Google Me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home